Processing applications for the issue of free visas
The procedure for issuing short-term and long-term visas is regulated by the Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus No.1065 of July 15, 2010 N 1065 (as amended by the Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus No. 253 of April 6, 2017 with amendments and additions).
Pursuant to sub-clause 1.2, clause 1, Article 277 of the Tax Code of the Republic of Belarus, subject to exempt from consular fee are:
- persons delivering foreign gratuitous aid in the form of assets, providing foreign gratuitous aid in monetary form;
- heads of foreign charity organizations who arrive to the Republic of Belarus to negotiate the provision of foreign gratuitous aid, organization of children’s recuperation and implementation of other humanitarian programs;
- persons performing work free of charge (volunteers) based on application of the Department for Humanitarian Activities of the Property Management Directorate of the President of the Republic of Belarus, Department for Liquidating Consequences of the Chernobyl Disaster of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Republic of Belarus, regional and Minsk city executive committees.
When addressing to the Department for obtaining a visa application without consular fee, the following shall be specified:
- ground on which a foreign citizen may be provided with exemption;
- name, surname, date of birth, number and validity period of the passport of the foreign citizen;
- terms of stay in the Republic of Belarus;
- place of obtaining a visa.
The application shall be accompanied with:
- approval by the executive and administrative body (in the territory of which the foreign citizen intends to implement humanitarian activities) of purposes of the visit of the foreign citizen, period and persons coming with regard of providing foreign gratuitous aid and children’s recuperation;
- program of stay of the foreign citizen.
Application from organization shall be submitted to the Department not later than 15 days prior to visa opening.
In case an organization applies for the issuance of a multiple-entry visa with an exemption from consular fee the application shall also be accompanied by information about humanitarian activities of a foreign citizen in the territory of the Republic of Belarus over the past 3 years. Application from organization shall be submitted to the Department not later than 30 days prior to visa opening.
The prepared application shall be sent to the organization inviting the foreign citizen, for subsequent submission to diplomatic missions and consular offices.
OF THE DEPARTMENTS MANAGEMENT
Mickiewicz st., 3
210000, Vitebsk, Gogol st., 14, к. 602
246000, Gomel, Lenin Ave., 3, к. 200
230000, Grodno, Gorky st., 72-a
220030, Minsk, Karl Marx st., 15