То senders of foreign free aid it is recommended:
1. Forming a consignment of goods for sending:
1.1.to avoid mixing in one packing (a box, a packing case, etc.) the goods intended for various recipients;
1.2.foodstuffs, and also goods of medical appointment (pharmaceutical products, products of medical appointment and iatrotechnics) to pack into separate packings, avoiding mixing of these two categories of goods between themselves and with other kinds of goods. Besides, the residual period of validity of pharmaceutical products should be:
not less than two years – concerning pharmaceutical products with the period of validity of five years;
not less than one year – concerning pharmaceutical products with the period of validity less than five years and sterile products of medical appointment; and the operating life of iatrotechnics should be no more than 5 years from the year of manufacture;
1.3.Not to admit mixing in one packing of goods intended for organizations, and goods intended for concrete individuals.
2. If a consignment contains goods, intended for distribution among individuals during festive charitable actions (events), including precisely known individuals, to indicate the information about such recipients (surname, name, address — if they are known) and about packing contents (list of the goods enclosed, their quantity) on the packing.
3. During the preparation of accompanying documents to indicate:
3.1. In transport (transportation) documents (invoices):
• information about charitable character of cargo;
• denomination of the recipients of goods and their location (settlement);
• total number of places and weight of the whole consignment of goods;
3.2. In proforma-invoice (separate for each organization-recipient):
• denomination and address of the recipient of goods;
• denomination of goods, total number of packings, their weight and total estimated value;
3.3.In specification or list of goods:
• denomination and quantity of goods addressed to the indicated recipient, their estimated value;
• expire dates and (or) “sell-by” dates of goods (only for foodstuffs and goods of medical appointment);
• denominations (trading and international unpatented), country of production, manufacturer, pharmaceutical form (for pharmaceutical products);
• denominations, country of production, manufacturer, production year (for goods of medical appointment and iatrotechnics);
• Information about sending goods as gift sets, and upon availability of information about precisely known individuals — surname, name, address of such recipients (only for gift sets).
Indicating information in the documents listed above it’s necessary to avoid erasures and corrections. Admitted corrections should be certified by the signature and (or) the seal of sender.
In case if there are differences between actually transported goods and the information about them, indicated in the documents, it’s necessary to present the letter from sender, explaining the reasons of the admitted discrepancies.
4.In case if cargo goes by automobile transport it’s advisable to use vehicle allowed for International Transport of Goods. It’s preferable to use Carnet TIR. The given measures allow to minimize the necessity of examination of goods in the point of entry and therefore to reduce detentions and increase efficiency of delivery of goods to the recipients.
5.As customs clearance of foreign free aid is carried out in a prime order, in order to eliminate detentions during border crossing automobile driver (carrier) is obliged to present to the customs officer the vehicles transporting goods and accompanying documents on them in the point of entry.
6. After permit issue vehicle with goods in terms established by the Customs should be delivered to the indicated by the customs officer temporary storage warehouse of the Customs, in operation zone of which resides the recipient of goods. It is necessary to notify the Customs (within 30 minutes from the moment of arrival of vehicle to the point of delivery of goods, and in case of arrival beyond working hours of the Customs — within 30 minutes from the moment of start of its’ working time) and the organization-recipient of the goods about the delivery of goods.